About Me

Upper Darby, PA, United States

Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Journey to Knowing Who We Are Begins with Courage

Our journey this year, with CANDACE, as previously stated, is an exploration of our identity as women in Christ. Understanding who we are, and more important who God says we are, is the key to peace as we move forward in our faith.


One essential part of who we are is our names. Some of our parents were very intentional about choosing our names; while others weren't even sure of what they meant. All of our names have meaning. As we learn the meanings of our names, it often unlocks very interesting parts of who we are, and who we are becoming.

What does your name mean?

Over the next few months, this blog will attempt to unlock the meaning of our group's name, CANDACE. We have begun with the C, which stands for COURAGEOUS. If you have noticed, all the messages this month have visited the meaning of what it means to have courage as a Christian woman. Next month we will begin to look at the N, which stands for NOBLE (or nobility) that focuses on our royal characters and integrity as women in Christ.

Please continue on this journey with us and let us know, through your comments, what you think about your courage and your nobility.

1 comment:

  1. My name Melissa means "honeybee".

    I don't believe my mother considered the meaning when choosing it, but I have learned to love the meaning.

    I interpret the meaning as I am sweet with a sting. The sweetness is the main part(I hope), as I try to minimize the sting with self-control and a lot of prayer.

    My intention is for the sting to show up in my passion for Christ and standing up for others. I like to use it in defense of those I love.

    ReplyDelete