About Me

Upper Darby, PA, United States

Monday, March 7, 2011

I Want My Daddy!



When a baby cries, it longs to be heard.
When this daughter cries, she longs to be heard by her Daddy.

A lot of tears have been shed, and many cries have gone out to the Father, with a longing to be heard.

Many have the parenting philosophy to just let the baby "cry it out", and while this may work in some instances, there is nothing like having your cries met with a comforting response.

It's a frustating feeling, when you cry out, but don't feel like anyone is listening.

As doers, workers, servants, rescuers, nurturers, martyrs, finishers, encouragers, fixers, etc. many of God's daughters are in great need for a comforting response to their cries. We could use a daddy-sized hug, a gentle word, or a sincere pat on the back to soothe the cries of our hearts. It's comforting just knowing that someone is listening.

Many of the daddy's-girls I know, are famous for the cry, "I want my daddy!!!", seeking the assistance of their human father in times of trouble.

Well as daddy's girls of the Ultimate Father, we can cry that same cry, and know He is always listening, always caring, and always there.

"I Want My Daddy!", is a cry that warms God's heart because he knows it expresses our dependence on Him as the true source of our help.

Like a helpless baby girl who knows that she needs the comfort of her father to soothe the hurt, we have to cry out to our Father knowing he is faithful and will come to our aid to soothe, and mend, our hearts.

God, my Father, it is during those times when I feel most angry, hurt, frustrated, and disappointed that I cry out to You, knowing you are the ONLY source of comfort. The fact that You are only a cry away brings comfort to my situation, and the strength I need to go on. Thank You Daddy. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment